#

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Alien Moms

I was doing my daily check-in to the other blogs I like to read and found myself saying "Amen" out loud to one of Kathryn Aylor's entries entitled My Day. I, too, was at the pool yesterday completely in awe and utter disgust of these women with broods of children running around having the nerve to look like they did! "Hot Moms" indeed. Flat stomachs, no traces of cellulite or stretch marks, tan...bikinis!!! And here I was in my tankini, trying my best not to let the two pieces separate from one another but finding it difficult since I'm 13 weeks pregnant. Which let's face it, just looks like I haven't lost the weight from my last kid. Not yet to that "Oh, isn't she a cute pregnant girl" phase but rather, "Yikes! I guess she only uses her YMCA membership for the pool"! I had a momentary desire to approach a couple of them and ask, "Excuse me, what classes do you take here?" but then again, I wouldn't want to put myself out there and just wind up at home on the couch eating Cheetos thinking about how I could be working out and feeling guilty. I'm using this pregnancy as my "Get out of jail...I mean working-out free" card. It's probably going to be the last time I can push people out of my way at the buffet or have that second helping of dessert with nothing more than a smile because they see that I'm eating for two...me and my bruised ego. Maybe next summer, I too, can be a "hot mom".

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I am laughing out loud right now. Oh, I LOVE you Carly!!! I am using the "I just had a baby" as my excuse....ummmmm, Nash is 9 months old. How much longer can I use that one?? :)

August 14, 2007 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Kathryn...until 2 years after your next baby is born! :)

August 14, 2007 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Elle Jay said...

LOVE IT. This is refreshingly honest and funny! (and I've never even been pregnant! ;)

August 15, 2007 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home