#

Monday, August 20, 2007

Too Darn Hot!

Is anyone else ready for the Fall? It's about this time every year that I get antsy thinking about the autumn being just around the corner. Maybe it's the 100+ heat index or maybe it's that stores have started putting out their Halloween and Christmas goodies. It's a bit premature for the winter decor, in my opinion, but the harvest smells and colors just really make me long to live some place where leaves have multiple shades and not just green to brown. I love walking into a store like Pottery Barn and seeing their Thanksgiving table settings and smelling the clove and cinnamon candles. Pulling out scarves from the coat closet and dressing Maggie in tights for school...something about all of that gives me the warm fuzzies. And now I'm hot again! I have a flashback to my kids sweating last year as we trick-or-treated in their flannel costumes! I suppose there is no relief in sight but I am ready. I feel very blessed never to have been at my most pregnant in the heat of August...Thank you, Jesus. You knew I wouldn't be able to stand it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home