#

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Baby Mine

Let me start this post with an apology if I'm coming across as a 'stage mother'...but then again, it is my blog and isn't that what it's for? To share and brag a little bit?

The back story on this video is as follows-
One of my favorite movies when I was growing up was (ok, still is) Beaches. I can remember watching the scene where Hilary aka Barbara Hershey is about to have a baby and CeCe aka Bette Midler is helping to get ready for the baby and singing the song "Baby Mine" (originally from "Dumbo"). I thought, "What a pretty song...I'm totally going to sing that to my babies". And I have sung this song to Maggie and Rory since the day they were born. They request it when they're sick or sleepy and Maggie has started singing it to her baby dolls or to us when she wants us to go to sleep! I have been trying for a while to get it on camera and after bribing her with a big bowl of ice cream, she did it for me today.

Notice that half way through, she gets a little sleepy from her own lullaby! :o)


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carly...thanks for capturing such a precious moment. I've heard this song many times while relaxing in my Lazy-boy.

Much Love
grandpa

September 12, 2007 at 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie has made us watch this several times in a row now. Every time Maggie looks towards the camera, Ellie yells, "Hi, Maggie" and starts waving. Then she tells me to shhhh because the baby's falling asleep.
I love my niece!

September 13, 2007 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Oh you pagenat mom! The thought ran through my mind this morning that I was acting like one when I put product in SK's hair to keep it in place for Mother's Day Out. Glad to know I'm not the only one!!!

September 13, 2007 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I love her so much, she is a little jewel. I'm so glad she wanted that ice cream bad enough to let you record her.

September 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Wow, Maggie is a really good singer! She's right on pitch, and Adam and I think we are hearing a little natural (cool, of course) vibrato? Awesome! Too precious. Her music teachers in school are going to LOVE her!

September 13, 2007 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I love Beaches too!! What a sweet little voice she has..she is definitely taking after her Mommy!! I showed Ellie both videos of Maggie and she stared at the computer with a HUGE smile on her face then when it was over she turned her head, looked at me and said, "I LOVE MAGGIE!"

September 16, 2007 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home