#

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Masterpiece

Maggie has been a bit under the weather for the past couple of days and I don't know about your family but when anyone isn't feeling well in the O'Quinn house...we make pallets in the living room and veg out. It is 4:15 in the afternoon and we are all still in our pajamas. I must say that aside from being sick, I need "PJ Days" from time to time.

Maggie likes to spend our days at home busy with markers, puppet shows, tent pitching in the living room and painting. I spend most of my time trying to find something else for Rory to do because he doesn't understand why he can't color on the couch!

Maggie & I tackled a masterpiece today. I pulled up some Vincent Van Gogh paintings on my computer and let her pick which one she wanted to paint. She helped me mix colors and tapped her paint brush on the sunflowers and told me when I wasn't doing it like the real one. She is going to make a fabulous Art Director for a company some day!

Here's the original Van Gogh and our Sick Day version of "Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers"

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

You are multi-talented- I love it!! What an artist!! So you sing and paint..what other hidden talents do you have??

September 18, 2007 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

WOW! I need my little one to practice more. :)

September 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I love the new blog look!

September 18, 2007 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Your new blog look is great! Great painting....which one is the real thing?? :)

September 18, 2007 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger JB said...

Love it! What a fun and talented mommy you are!

This is totally random, but I think I found your sister on the FBC of Lubbock website. A friend and I are starting a preschool ministry at our church and I was looking for ideas online and came across their (very cute) website and the last name Dufilho (or something like that). If it is, it's a very small (blog) world!

September 18, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger JB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 18, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

I painted that exact painting in my art class in H.S. I had forgotten all about it. I think it was entered into an art show or something. Hmmm....fun times. :) Guess I need to go look for that.

September 18, 2007 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Carly O'Quinn said...

JB-
That IS my sister! What a small blog world. She has had a tough year going in and mixing the preschool department up so if you need some advice, she's a great one to ask.

September 19, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home