#

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Kids' Books

How strange to think of a time when I only had one baby to tend to and chase after. My terribly creative sister came up with this idea and I ran with it. For a couple of weeks, when Maggie was taking her afternoon nap, I would go around the house and collect objects of a certain color and get my stage all set for a happy & rested child. I would get her dressed and plop her down and shoot away! I printed them all out and made a book for her that she loved looking at and helped her to learn her colors.



Then her little brother came along and I knew I had to do something equally as time consuming and meaningful for fear I'd hear about how unbalanced my affections were later in life. I came up with his counting book and got a bit more involved with Photoshop.



If anybody has a good idea for Baby #3, I welcome your suggestions.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marlers said...

I LOVE IT!!! Actually when I saw Maggie's book almost a year ago, I knew that I wanted to do this too!!! We finished red & blue... then Baby #3 came and slowed things down! You have inspired me to get going again! Chloe is in desperate need of learning her colors...EVERYTHING is pink & yellow & blue!!! :))

September 5, 2007 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow! I love it...such a great idea!

September 5, 2007 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ok you are amazing. I wish I could get my life organized so that I could do things like this. HUMMMM maybe that is a goal. I could take your pics and photo shop my kids in the picture! DO you have that set up in your house?

September 6, 2007 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Carly O'Quinn said...

No, not amazing...just crazy. I have one really sunny room in my house and hung a sheet. Nothing too impressive but it works for a neutral backdrop.

I set myself up for a lot with Maggie so now I feel bad if I don't follow through with the other kids!

September 6, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home