#

Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Shows and Old Favorites

If you don't know this about me already, I'll fill you in...I love Fall Premiere week! This has been a week of TiVo overload for me. It seems like everything that I want to make sure and watch is on consecutively on different channels. Thank goodness for being able to watch one and TiVo the other. Here are the shows that I'm most excited about this season:

First and foremost...The Office
The first season got me totally hooked. How in the world could one human being (Michael Scott) make me SO uncomfortable. He is just so pathetic and awkward that sometimes, I have to look away. But the one thing that has kept bringing me back is, of course, the relationship between Jim and Pam. I appreciate that they've written them as passing ships but now that there are no obstacles standing in their way but themselves, I'm dying to see what develops tonight and with the rest of the season.

The next is Grey's Anatomy
I have to admit that I was a little bit frustrated with this show last season. All of the drama wore me out. I'm looking forward to more humor than drama this season. We'll see...

Which leads me to Private Practices
I am actually giving this one a fighting chance. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have always had a little crush on Tim Daly since his "Wings" days. I find myself routing for Addison and the 1st episode was pretty good. What did everyone else think about it?

And of course, my list wouldn't be complete without mention of Dancing with the Stars
I am a dancer at heart even though I have two left feet, I can live vicariously through the non-dancers on this show. Julianne and Helio are already my favorite couple to watch!

I'm also excited to catch back up with "Men in Trees". It's not on my MUST SEE list but I do think that it's cute and fun.

Did anyone catch "Pushing Daisies"? That show looks interesting but I forgot to add it to my season list. Is it worth watching episode 2?

I will also include Lost on this list even though it won't be coming on again until February!!!
I can't believe that they are making us wait that long before we can find out what happens next but as big, fat pregnant as I'll be in February...I'll be tuning in. Maybe I can have a viewing party in my hospital room if I'm there on a Wednesday! :o)

I'd love to hear what you're addicted to!

***I have to make an addition to my list after a few of you reminding me. I do like Monday nights for How I Met Your Mother. This is a recent addition for me, but I loved last season so I'm interested to see how this season develops.
and I'm excited for the next season of Project Runway.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, I'm right there with you about The Office; I can't wait! Others on my must see list are:
Chuck - I thought the premiere was cute
Heroes - Our TiVo messed up and didn't record it, so I'll watch it on Saturday
How I Met Your Mother - Ditto above. I'm hoping to find it online. And,
Lost - Oh, February, you taunt me with your far-away-ness.

Happy tubing!

September 27, 2007 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm most excited about The Office. I hope Grey's isn't as annoying as last year, they might lose me if they do another love triagle, especially if Derek and Meredith are involved. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in.

I watched Private Practice and thought it was cute. I love Tim Daly too, I don't like the other 2 women charaters that much, but I'm going to give it a shot.

I missed Pushing Daisies too...the main guy went to my HS, so I want to give that one a chance.

September 27, 2007 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I just looked at my guide and Pushing Daisies doesn't premiere until next Wednesday, so we didn't miss it.

September 27, 2007 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

We are watching The Office, Grey's, 24....I'm also into Brothers and Sisters. I watched Private Practice last night and liked it too. Don't expect us to answer the phone during our shows. :) Especially on Thurs. nights.

September 27, 2007 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

oh, I forgot Brothers and Sisters...I love that one too.

September 27, 2007 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Great topic! I love this week too!

Definitely into The Office and Grey's... even though you're right about last season's Greys. I thought last night's started off well though. And yay for Jim and Pam!!! I'm interested to see what sort of conflict arises this season!

Also, we watched Chuck and How I met Your Mother (not much else to do on a Monday night!) And of course we will watch Lost but I'm basically depressed that it does not come out until February!!!

And I have decided not to watch Private Practice even though I loved Kate Walsh's character on Grey's. I just can't take the disappointment if it doesn't make it (ie What about Bryan and Studio 60).

September 28, 2007 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

By the way... Oprah this season has been pretty great so far too. :)

September 28, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger laura said...

I love LOST and can't wait for it to return! We also watch The Office and enjoy it so much, uncomfortably, of course. I did enjoy Private Practice--I thought it was a little more light-hearted than Grey's and interesting. Pushing Daisies doesn't start until next Wednesday, so you can still catch it. I'm baised b/c Lee is a friend and it is awesome to see him in something. I hope it does well!

September 28, 2007 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Wow...you had a busy week. ;-) We are currently into...Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, tivo'd Private Practice, and the Biggest Looser. We were Big Brother fans all summer...and normally like Survivor as well.Wow, guess we do watch a lot of t.v. oh..and Bachelor starts this week, so there's another one...

September 29, 2007 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home