#

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dinner Time Prayer



Tonight I had a very special moment as a mom and a believer.

Rory has been learning how to pray at bedtime and mentions all of the things from his day that he can think of to thank God for.

Tonight, Maggie nominated him to pray before we ate. He's never had the opportunity to do that before and acted honored to be chosen for the coveted nightly task.

He squeezed his eyes shut.

Clasped his hands tight...

then, began...

"tank you God for today,
tank you God for food,
[his voice breaks a little and he gets this very serious tone]
for mom,
for dad,
for maggs,
for penny [our dog],
[then there was something in audible about us going
and getting new tires put on my car today],
love you God, AMEN!"


I was flooded with visions of him as a grown man leading his family in their dinner time prayer and the next thing I knew, I was crying. What a precious memory I will always treasure of my little man's first prayer at dinner.

Thank you, God, for Rory.


This moment was immediately followed by Casey laughing and telling Rory that he could ask Mommy for anything he wanted and he'd probably get it.

He didn't miss a beat and said, "Mom, can I have candy corn?"

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

Carly, That is so sweet! Love the picture of him!

October 23, 2007 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

what a sweet little heart he has. you need to write this one down in his book somewhere!

my kids are crazy about the candy corn (or horn as Gabe calls it) too.

October 24, 2007 at 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he get candy corn before dinner?

October 24, 2007 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Carly O'Quinn said...

Well, I told him he could have some if he ate good. He will milk the cute thing if I let him :o)

October 24, 2007 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Precious little boy!

October 24, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home