#

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fun and Free

I have been thinking a lot about the fact that for me and my family, getting out typically involves spending money. Why is that? Why can't we think of fun AND free things to do just for the sake of being together. The weather is so nice right now and I really want to take advantage of being out in it!

As a stay-at-home mom, there have been numerous days where I just need to get out of the house and get my kids out from in front of the tv...but I can't think of anything that won't involve purchasing food, admission, or some other random item.

I wanted to use this post as a sounding board from some of you. What do you and your family do for fun that's free?

These are a few things that we've done in the past but help me add to the list...

  • Picnic in the Park
  • Story time at Barnes and Noble or Pottery Barn Kids
  • Mall play area (ours is a tree)
  • Go fishing (worms aren't that expensive)
  • Free Jazz night at Market Street (this one is specific to our area, sorry)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

we take our bikes to the park, have nature/adventure walks in the park, go to Barnes and Noble to play with their train table (it's apparently more desirable than the one we have at home), we will go to Toys R' Us, but just to play and look around. If there is something they really want, we add it to their Christmas or birthday list. The boys school also has an indoor playground that's free, so we take advantage of that. When it's raining, they love it when I pull the car out of the garage and they can ride their bikes inside and play in the rain with their umbrellas.

October 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Marlers said...

JW Tumbles has a free Play Night the 1st Friday of ever month!! hum... :))

October 25, 2007 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Library is always a good one. You could do a scavenger hunt around your block. ummmmmmm.. I guess I pay to do things. Sad. Next week I'll try all the ideas I got from the blog.

October 26, 2007 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

.....fire station

October 26, 2007 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both Lowes and Home Depot have classes on Saturdays that the kids can attend and make a free project. We've made a bird feeder and a bug house for free. Plus, the kids get cute aprons and a patch that you can add for each complete project. So cute!

November 24, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home