#

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Things have been pretty hectic here at the O'Quinn house but I'm due for a blog. What better occasion than Halloween when you KNOW I've got some fun pics of my kids and the happenings around here.

First of all...I hope that you are all having a fun day and that your kids aren't as sugar-addicted as mine. Why is it that I always end up with twice the amount of candy as I started with at the end of the night?

This year, Maggie wanted to go and pick out a special pumpkin and carve it herself. I reluctantly let her have a paring knife and go at it! She was totally grossed out by the hallowing out of the pumpkin (as I vividly remembering being as a kid myself) but pushed through it anyway. She picked out a "Tin Man" pumpkin pattern off the web and was so big about tracing and carving it all out. This went along with the Wizard of Oz theme we had going on here with our costumes. She got a little bit knife happy around the eyes and accidentally lost them in one big stroke. I was so proud of how precise she was and how she stuck with it until she was finished! It's the little things that reveal how big she's getting.

She wanted me to do a "spooky" pumpkin. Since when is spooky appealing to a 4 year old girl? I settled on carving her the witch from Snow White.

Here are our creations all lit up...


More photos of the kids in costume to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home