#

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

Why is it that when you're pregnant, you can wake up and BE up at anytime of the night?

For the past two nights, 2:30 am has been my hour of stirring where I can do nothing but lay in bed and hope that sleep will overcome my restlessness. I have had plenty of time to reflect, pray, feel the baby wiggling and just plain stress-out about things that one shouldn't be thinking about at 2 am.

This past week has been such a wonderful week and a sad week all at the same time...

*I have gotten way too involved in some sad blog tales that ended tragically this week.

*My dear friend's grandfather's funeral was today and even though he could never remember my name when I saw him, he was full of life and the celebration of that life was overwhelmingly moving.

but now on to the joyful events...
*My college roommate and good friend had a precious baby girl (9 days early) and she is absolutely gorgeous!

*Another sweet baby girl arrived to my friend, Emily who I blogged was on bed rest a while back. Whew! Congratulations!!! & welcome, baby girls :o)

I hope that tonight, I will be sleeping when 2:30 rolls around but if not, I may have to get up and be productive instead of allowing myself to try and solve the world problems while drifting in and out of consciousness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Are you allowed to be productive at 2:30am? I don't think you are. I think that's a time for catching up with Tivo, not unloading the dishwasher!

It has been a bittersweet week. I'm glad that in the midst of the sadness, there was joy as well.

October 2, 2007 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

I had that same exact problem. I am not a reader, but I think I read many "parenting" books during those wee hours and caught up on all of "my" shows. Hang in there!!!!! :)

October 2, 2007 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I always thought pregnancy was all about getting lots of great sleep!!! Everyone's always telling you to rest and nap, etc. I thought I would be snoozing great at least until I was uncomfortably large... but nope. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning at 2:30. 2:05 is my time to pee and then toss and turn for a long while. I haven't actually surrendered to it yet to actually get up and do other things, but I'm sure that will be coming soon. :(

October 3, 2007 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home