#

Monday, October 15, 2007

New York, New York...it's a wonderful town

I'm sorry to say that I've been back for 4 days now and blogging has just had to take a back seat to all of the laundry, e-mail catching-up and weeks worth of cuddling that I had to do with my kids after being in New York all last week.

Casey and I had a fantastic time with our good friends, Conn and Ashley. They had never been so it was fun to show them all of the cool things that New York has to offer. The weather was less than desirable with a misty start to the week and a torrential down pour the last night that we were there. It was cooler than it is here, which was nice.

Rockefeller Plaza

We walked a lot and carrying around this extra belly was a different New York experience for me! We got to be in the audience for the Late Show with David Letterman and saw J.Lo (who is undoubtedly preggers!)... went to the Today Show and got on camera for about 10 seconds!!!...and saw an amazing show called Curtains with David Hyde Pierce and Debra Monk (aka George's mom on Grey's). Unfortunately for us, DHP was MIA and we saw his understudy but the show was fabulous none the less.

I love NY for it's quirkiness. Where else would you get serenaded with hymns on the subway or walk past a yoga class in Central Park? Or actually want to get your picture taken with a "Naked Cowboy" in Times Square!? Only in New York.

Serendipity, Cafe Lalo and Little Italy...YUM! We truly had some great food while we were there.

Bethesda Fountain in Central Park

Click here if you'd like to look at my complete NYC '07 Photo Gallery!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Oh...your pictures make me miss NYC! I hope to get back soon. I went to shutterfly and viewed all the pictures- awesome! Looks like you guys had a GREAT trip!

October 16, 2007 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Soooooooooo jealous. I was there with my 7 best girlfriends 2 years ago in November. I can totally relate to the vibe.

October 18, 2007 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

How fun! I'm glad you all had such a fun trip! The pictures are great!

October 22, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home