#

Monday, October 22, 2007

Poodle Girls

Casey's uncle owns the Texas Opry House in Magnolia, TX. It's a very cute, very fun place where you can get a home-cooked meal and listen to some great country music.

This past Saturday they had their "50's Night" and asked if I'd come and sing and so I did. Why is it, though that I allow myself to get entangled with events requiring costumes when I am very much pregnant? Flash-back to me being 7 months pregnant with Rory and singing "The Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" at a girls retreat. They don't make maternity military outfits!

For this show I was the 'knocked-up' Pink Lady for the first half and wore a humongous poodle skirt for the second half of the show. Maggie came along because she loves the music and couldn't pass up an opportunity to wear one of her favorite outfits. She actually made it through the whole show but as you can tell from this picture... this poodle is pooped!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I forgot to ask you how this went when we talked today! I'm sure all the folks loved it!

October 22, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

Why didn't you tell us about this? We totally would have been there. You better next time. :)

October 22, 2007 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

I would have loved to see this! You need to let people now when you're on stage! Did I see a write up in Southern Living about the opry house in Magnolia??

October 23, 2007 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Carly O'Quinn said...

You guys are sweet...but this show is usually sold out months in advance and the average age of the 300-some in attendance is 70!

Good eye, Toni, on the Southern Living mention! They've been mentioned in the local section twice in the past 6 months as a good place to visit in Magnolia. Fun stuff!

October 23, 2007 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home