#

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blessed are the meek...

Today in the car, we passed a homeless man who had a sign that read, "Happy Holidays. Hungry. Anything will help. God Bless."

As we drove past the man, I saw Maggie starring intently at him.

"Mommy, that man was holding a sign"

"Yes, honey, he was"

"What did it say?"

"Well, it said that he was hungry and could someone please give him food or some money to buy food"

She was quiet for a minute...

"Well maybe I should have brought some money with me so I could give it to him."
[She found some spare change from her Daddy's pocket yesterday and has been keeping it in one of her play purses] "Because God tells us to share with each other and take care of people, right?"

I could utter no words except..."You're absolutely right"

she continued, ..."and that wouldn't be very nice if we had some money but didn't want to share it, right? Even though he's a stranger, that would be okay."

What do you say to such simple and unconditional love? From the purest of places, she felt compassion. No judgment. Just a desire to be faithful to love her neighbor as I have worked so hard to instill in her.

I'm so blessed to get to see the beauty of God in the children that He gave me.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow! To have a heart like a child again....

November 10, 2007 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I just love them!!!Your kids are precious.

November 10, 2007 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home