#

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Third Trimester....Hooray!!!

I have entered in to the "home stretch" of this pregnancy. I get looks of pity and strangers asking me, "When are you due" almost every time I venture out. I have been in such a funk the past couple of weeks because I'm getting uncomfortable and I truly don't want to spend the next 3 months being miserable.

Christmas is coming and I want to be celebratory not fussy!

I have determined to change my state of mind. I was reading one of my regular blogs not too long ago and she is also pregnant. She said something that is hitting home right now. The fact of the matter is...my being pregnant is so obvious to anyone who looks at me but it's MY physicality that they are seeing. This baby has been and for the next 3 months, will be, my little secret.

I know my baby's sleep patterns.

I know when my baby has the hiccups and no one else does.

I am constantly reminded that he or she is getting stronger everyday! And will most likely be a soccer player :o)

I know that when Maggie or Rory are in close proximity to my belly, I get flutters.

How could I let a little physical discomfort steal the joy of this very precious bonding time God has granted only me with right now? This may or may not be our last child, but if it is, I want to experience it...not suffer through it!

***help me remember this in February when I'm desperate for my due date to arrive.***



On a side note...I love being pregnant with other people. You know what they say,

Misery loves company

My sister is usually my preggo buddy and she decided not to go this round with me but her sister in law is pregnant for the first time and we spent Thanksgiving hanging out and commiserating about our bellies together. She is having a little boy 5 weeks after me and she looks great! Here we are celebrating our bellies...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet your little secret.
BTW, kudos (to Casey) on the great seasonal look to your blog...

November 27, 2007 at 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your new holiday "look"!!
Always love looking at tummies on a woman w/child!! Nothing else like it!! Also love all your tutu pics! Ours turned out tutu cute as well!!
Julie Marler

November 28, 2007 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

love the holiday vibe!

November 28, 2007 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Aww I'm on your blog! :) It was so fun hanging out with y'all last week! I'm having "index card game" withdrawal!!!

November 28, 2007 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Oh how I can sympathize with you..... Such a blessing...but getting hard to do the normal stuff I'm used to doing. I keep telling myself I need to just enjoy her and this special time. Hard to believe we'll be meeting these kiddo's in two months...where has the time gone???

December 3, 2007 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home