#

Friday, November 16, 2007

What have you done with Carly?

A few days ago, my pregnant friend, Lindsay blogged about not feeling like herself lately. I read it and thought, "Poor Lindsay. I'm glad I'm not in that place in my pregnancy."

Then today...I looked around and thought,
"Who is this person being so mean to my kids? Who is this girl in my house who is angry one minute and weepy the next? Who is this big lady who gets so completely frustrated because she can't get up off of the floor without making horrible groaning noises!"

...oh, wait! That's me!

Recently, I've dealt with Maggie's 'ugly' behavior by asking her to go up to her room and find my "Sweet Maggie" and to tell "Mean Maggie" to go home. I got a taste of my own medicine when she asked me to bring "Sweet Mommy" back! She also uttered a phrase that Casey wants to have printed on maternity shirts and sell...
"Mommy, why are you so angry when you have a baby in your tummy?"

Casey says that it makes him laugh when I look back on my pregnancies with fond memories because I'm miserable (I'm sure he meant to be around) most of the time.

I'm trying to keep it all together. After all, I do still have 95 days left in this pregnancy.

I'll give the same disclaimer that Lindsay gave:
If you cross paths with me in the next 3 months, I'm sorry! Say a prayer for me and I will be back at the end of February.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Did I tell you that about three weeks ago I had a major EMOTIONAL week?? Everything hurt my feelings and I was super sensitive. I even had a "crying for no reason" day. Frank called and asked what was wrong and I was sobbing saying, "I don't know..I'm just sad." I'm GLAD that week is over and hope it doesn't return. I am sure you'll be back to your old sweet smiley self soon.

November 16, 2007 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Josh Collins said...

I can't believe it! You guys are on your way to having you're own version of the Partidge Family! :) Blessings to you guys! Give Casey my love and a big hug from me!

November 18, 2007 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home