#

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas at the Opry

It was the final of three Christmas shows at Casey's uncle's Opry on Saturday and we had so much fun getting to sing and wrap up what has been a long (and sort of stressful) three weeks of learning 3 different 2-hours sets of Christmas songs. Singing the melody is one thing but learning parts and having to memorize lyrics you thought you knew can be daunting! Here are some pictures from the past 3 Saturday nights...

Molly (my mother-in-law), me, Wendy (Casey's aunt)

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

My sleepy 'Santa baby' who loves it at the Opry!

"What Child is This" from the live nativity

It's a lot of fun being able to celebrate my favorite season surrounded by such wonderfully talented musicians (and most of them are in my family!). Casey's not so hot on the Christmas music. In fact, I call him the Grinch because listening to 12 different versions of Jingle Bells, putting lights on the house and watching White Christmas makes him grumpy...so, thanks, babe for letting me spend my last 3 weekends doing this :o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looked like so much fun and yep, so very proud of you for memorizing all the lines to the songs!......my favorite of yours is "boogie woogie bugle boy".....now, there's some lyrics!!

December 17, 2007 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Why aren't we ever told when you do these things? We would have loved to have come watch you.

December 19, 2007 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home