#

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas is tomorrow! I love Christmas and everything about it.

I love getting dressed up and going to the Christmas Eve service at church. I love our traditions of cookies & milk for Santa, breakfast casserole in the morning while we open presents, movies and games on Christmas Day.

One tradition we had growing up was watching the movie A Christmas Story. Even before TBS helped us out by making it accessible 24 hours prior to Christmas morning...we would watch our VHS over and over as we prepared for and celebrated Christmas. It STILL makes me laugh!

The other night, I was heading out to do some last minute shopping for my own kids while they stayed behind with their Daddy. They were so curious about where I could possibly be going without them so I finally told them where I was going. They both got so flustered as I was walking out the door trying to think up any last minute ideas to give to me...

Rory got tripped up but chased me to the door urgently saying, "uh...uh...uh...uh...uh...I want...I want....I want... I want..." I was waiting for the "Official Carbine Action 2 range jet model air rifle" line to burst out of his mouth but instead he shouted..."CAMMO WHISTLE!"

I don't think he truly has been pining for one of those but it was all he could come up with and I left in stitches over his efforts to squeeze one more present in under the wire!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I had the same thought when Sam was trying to tell someone what he wanted, he had a hard time getting past the I want part of it and that scene came to mind. That movie is a tradition in our family as well! Did Rory get his Cammo Whistle? Happy Christmas Eve!

December 24, 2007 at 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it...it...it..it was the soap.

December 24, 2007 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home