#

Monday, December 10, 2007

Irish Boy Needs a Name

I have reached the point of desperation in the naming of this child where a once very independent thinker (that's me) who didn't want input from ANYONE (that would be you) is reaching out for suggestions.

A little history...Casey and I honeymooning in lush, green Ireland, stopped in a quaint little town and I went into a shop while Casey got gas. I saw a small "Irish Book of Baby Names" and thought I'd get it as a souvenir. As we drove along the winding roads, up and down the breath-taking hillsides, we thumbed through the book and picked out names that we liked. In Sharpie inside the front cover, we wrote: Maggie and Rory. They have always been the names of our children.

Baby number 3 will make his or her appearance in 2 and a half months and I don't know what name we will bestow upon this child for the REST of his or her life! This whole "not knowing" process has been neat but it's made me stress twice as hard about what the name will be because I must be prepared for either. I have a few girl names I like but with the boy, I'm baffled.

So...I'm tossing it out to you.

Can you think of some good Irish sounding boy names?

Help.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bethany Gaddis said...

How did you put up that baby countdown thing? That is so cute and I want to copy!!

December 11, 2007 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Sullivan is my vote...Sullivan Stone O'Quinn...like it! After you get some more suggestions, you should put them all together and do a poll.

December 11, 2007 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I think you are having a girl. If no boys names are coming to you - then you are haivng a girl. Worked one me!

December 11, 2007 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I really like Sullivan Stone too! But I did a little google search, and I'm sure you've come across all of these, but these were a few I liked... Brady, Brodie, Cassidy, Darby, and Grady. All in keeping with the -y sound of y'alls names. :)

December 11, 2007 at 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Padraig - Irish version of Patrick
Seamus - Irish version of James
Malachi - "messenger of God"
Darcy
Finn
or, of course my favorite:
Huck

December 11, 2007 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Ohh, I like Darby and Grady too.

December 11, 2007 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I love Brodie and Brady.

December 11, 2007 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

We've always loved Brady and Brody!!!!! But, I still love Huck!!!!!

December 11, 2007 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I still Love Finn and Sullivan...those are my top picks!

December 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Seth's Musical Spotlight said...

It goes without saying that I prefer Sean as a great Irish name (even though we are Scottish--hey, we look Irish!). Common, but not too common. My friend Erin's girls are Fallon and Quinn, in case you need any other Irish girl ideas.

December 13, 2007 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I like Grady and Sullivan...Sully is SO cute!

December 13, 2007 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

We were having a very hard time deciding also (we only have 17 days left!) so we did what they did in Acts: we drew lots. We wrote down several names that we liked, put them in a prayer box and prayed over them for several days. We believed that whatever name we picked out of the box was the name God had planned for our child. It was a beautiful thing for our family.

December 13, 2007 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home