#

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Getting to Know You

My sister posted this questionnaire and I must say that I love these things! I like to find out things about people that probably won't come up in a normal conversation. If you are a reader of both mine and my sister's blogs, you may find that a few of my answers are the same as hers. I don't know if this is due to the fact that the majority of our Christmases have been spent together with the same traditions or that we just have the same fantastic taste :o)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper...I like to do homemade bows and I never have enough tissue paper to fill the bags. Also, it takes longer to open wrapped boxes and that make Christmas morning more fun

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. It just wouldn't be Christmas without that smell

3. When do you put up the tree? the first week of December

4. When do you take the tree down the tree? around New Year’s

5. Do you like egg nog? I've never been inclined to try it...it just sounds yucky

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Gameboy...my parents told me I couldn't have one but it was under the tree.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Every year I contemplate getting one but I still don't have one. How horrible is that? Maybe I'll go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and get one.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Maggie

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? mail

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? books

2. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas- I start watching it every year about Nov 15th just to start getting me in the spirit. Maggie already loves it too!

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cannon Balls - a cookie/candy type sweet that my mom would make every year with dates and coconut

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? white lights look so pretty against the green tree

16. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song (better known by it's opening line "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire")

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Living close to our families makes it convenient to see everyone but we start at home so we won't miss Santa!

18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Doner and Blitzen...but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, etc. etc.

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do them all on Christmas morning

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic and crowds

21 Favorite ornament theme or color? I started out with all silver ornaments but I couldn't resist filling the tree with all of my kiddo's popsicle stick and play dough ornaments. As of last year, we have quite a few Willow Tree Angels after an incident at a Hallmark where Maggie knocked over an entire display and we ended up having to pay for about 15 of them!!! It was one of those parenting moments where you can't get mad because it was very much an accident but it did hurt to have to shell out the cash for a bunch of headless, armless angles that I really didn't want. One year later and I'm glad to have them because it will make a great story for years to come as we decorate our tree.

22. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I'm going to say that my favorite food from Christmas Day is the breakfast casserole that my mom used to make on Christmas morning. Now I do it and I'm usually still full when we sit down for Christmas dinner.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? jewelry (Charming Charlie's not Tiffany)

24. Who is most likely to respond to this? Lindsay

25. Who is least likely to respond to this? I never like to set anyone up as an under-acheiver! :)

Merry Christmas!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that you would say that books were your least favorite gift! That makes me laugh because they were always one of my favorites. Maybe if you read, it would be different.
Date, not figs, I thought I might have that wrong...

December 2, 2007 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Your so cute, I love reading your blog. I love the willow tree angel story. I'm guessing you glued them all back together? Frank and I were laughing in bed tonight. :0)

December 3, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home