#

Monday, December 3, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree



We got our tree yesterday and the smell that fills my house is so comforting! Maggie and Rory took an active part in saying, YES or NO when Daddy pulled out each tree at Home Depot. I think they picked a great one. It was very strange getting our Christmas tree in 80 degree weather but I guess that's Houston for you. Then this morning, it was 40 when we woke up!

Maggie helped me decorate while Rory helped to undecorate. It was so neat to go through and show her every ornament from each year that she and I have been alive. My mom used to let us go and pick out one ornament each year and she would write our name and the date on the bottom of them. She gave them to me a couple of years ago and I have done the same thing with my kids. This year is no exception so while at the store today, I let the kids look at all of the ornaments and pick one. Not surprisingly...Maggie chose a princess. Rory was adamant about getting a John Deere tractor ornament that he laid his hands on and would not let go of. How will I go about explaining the significance of that ornament when he is older...I do not know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home