#

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Three Gifts

There is just something about having two children who are overwhelmed at this time of year with the "I wants" to make you want to simplify. I don't know if it's just me but this season has seemed more hectic than previous ones. I am overwhelmed with to do lists and commitments. Parties, presents and priorities are constantly stressing me out.

All of this to say that when I heard this idea...I fell in love with it! I was talking with one of my blog-obsessed (but not a blogger herself, I need to add...echh-hem, Mrs.McW!) about a blog she had come across and what one mother does with her children. They have instilled the Three Gifts way of celebrating Christmas.

The wise men came to visit Baby Jesus bearing three gifts and that should be good enough for us as well. Instead of Christmas being about an onslaught of toys that will get discarded into the depths of the playroom toy box, keep it down to three.

One Want

One Need

One Surprise!

I love it, don't you!? Let them pick one thing that they really want, get them something that they need that might not be so much fun and then surprise them with something.

I think that we may start that tradition at the O'Quinn house this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home