#

Monday, January 21, 2008

100 and 60

I know, I know... I have been a slacker with my posting for the past week. Sorry. There's been a lot going on at my house. In addition to that, I saw on my last post that my next one would be my 100th post and I put a lot of pressure on myself to make it good one. I hope that you have enjoyed my last 99 posts and I promise that I will try and not fill the next 100 posts up completely with pictures of my new baby! I know that can get old so I'll try and keep it a good mix of insight, my two cents... as well as blatant baby bragging!

I can think of nothing more important to tell you about on my 100th post than to share with you that I spent the weekend with my family celebrating my precious mom's 60 years on this earth. She is such a treasure to me and it was so special to get to spend the weekend honoring and pampering her. As far as my mom knew, I was going to visit my sister, Robin, in Lubbock for the long MLK weekend. Instead, we surprised her and showed up at her door on Saturday morning and kidnapped her. She was SO surprised! We had a fantastic girls day at the spa, the movies and then a surprise party later that night with some of her 7 brothers and friends.

It's always so much fun to have my sister and her family in town. The kids each pal around with each other and we play games and eat...a lot. My brother-in-law, Matt got a Wii for Christmas and of course, we all got really into it. Even the kids and Grandpa had fun beating each other at boxing and tennis. I don't know if it's good or bad to wake up and have sore muscles from playing a video game but we all do. The weather was chilly but we went for an adventure to see the eagles' nest behind my parents' house and slid down the hill in their backyard on a piece of cardboard. So much fun!

Her real birthday isn't until next week so I won't deny her a couple more days in her 50s but
Happy Birthday, Mom...I love you.













4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Happy 100th post - it was a good one! And - Happy Birthday Mrs. Stone!

January 21, 2008 at 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carly/Casey
What a wonderful surprise ! She was soo happpy to have everyone here to celebrate her Birthday.

January 22, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Hey Carly- It's a blast from the past! I've been "stalking" your blog for a while & now that I started my own I wanted to say hi!

January 22, 2008 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Aww..happy birthday to your mom. We celebrated Frank's Dad's 70th this last weekend. His isn't until next week as well, it was a surprise. Don't you just love the wii?? We got one for Frank for his birthday- and we ALL love it..I can relate to sore arms- especially from Boxing! how are you feeling...shoot me an email when you get a chance!
Lace

January 22, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home