#

Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby Blessing




I feel so blessed to be a part of a church small group that really rallies around each other in the good times and bad. I also love getting to go through life phases with these other couples. I am pregnant with my friend, Lacey who (I'm jealous to say) is due 2 weeks before me. It has been so wonderful to share this time with her and the other night, our small group had a "Baby Blessing" for the both of us.

We do this whenever a baby is just weeks from making it's appearance (which is quite often in our fertile little group). We gather, we eat, and we pray for everything from the delivery to our little one's salvation and future mate. It is so special and I'm so grateful to have my sweet little angel prayed over.

On a side note...ever heard that John Mellencamp song called, "Pink Houses"....yeah...that's me in these pictures :o) !!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I love these pictures and I miss you guys soooooo much!!!

January 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that, carly.....we always had a blessing for the kids right before they left for college, but how much better a thought to get an 18-yr jump on it and have a blessing for them before they leave their first home!!!....you made me laugh with the "pink houses" comment...... you look absolutely darling.....

January 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Carly, I have more pictures to send you when I get them downloaded. I have LOVED being pregnant with you and couldn't agree more at how special the other night was. We have lucky little babies to have so many people pouring blessings on them. I can't wait to meet our newest additions-not much longer now!

January 29, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home