#

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fuse Beads

I'd like to thank my sister for always introducing me to fun and crafty ways of entertaining my children.

Have you heard of Fuse Beads? They are fantastic! Robin gave Maggie some for Christmas and she wants to do a "project" everyday. She sits at the table and spends...literally HOURS making different designs and then I iron them for her and she's on to the next one.

The Good:
  • They are doing something creative!
  • Not in front of the tv
  • My Pre-K mom (who spends her days educating 4 and 5 year olds) says that the dexterity it takes to handle the intricate beads, placing them in the "right" spot, concentrating, pattern-making and color sorting are fantastic for development
  • Maggie picks a person who she's making each project for and is going to start mailing them out soon...correspondence is not a lost art, right?
The Bad:
  • Rory got a hold of the beads and sprinkled our kitchen with them. What a mess!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

My friends and I use to do those for hours growing up. Funny how they are still around!! Maybe I'll have to get Lily some. :)

January 9, 2008 at 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Luke doesn't even know that they have a name. They're just "a project". Can I do a project today?

My issue is also Ellie, who wants to be like her big brother, but gives up and ends up wiping them off the table.

January 10, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home