#

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

37 Weeks

I had my final ultrasound today at my 37 week appointment. Here is our little mystery baby all squished up tight! The ultrasonographer was very cautious about using pronouns and steered clear of the baby's goods so as not to divulge any unwanted info.

There was a time where I would have loved to sneak a peek, but I've made it this far...it would be horrible to find out now. Like discovering your Christmas present on Christmas Eve.

My doctor has been monitoring the baby's weight and said that she would like to induce me one week early to avoid a possible C-section. My pelvis size/baby size ratio is delicate and she would rather avoid the possibility if we can. I was induced with Maggie and Rory so it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned and the idea of shaving a week off of what is getting to be a very uncomfortable pregnancy sounds fantastic to me.

The baby already weighs 6 pounds and 15 ounces (with 3 weeks to go)! She will also allow me to pick the birthday. I've decided on February 19th to coordinate with Maggie's (Dec 19th) and Rory's (April 29th) birthdays. All 9's makes things easier to remember.

Rory came with us to the ultrasound and after an intense fascination with the goop and wand rubbing all over my belly, he looked at the tv screen and said,

"Oh...there's our baby! It looks like a horsey."


Great. I'm having a horse-baby. :o) What do you think?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Yay!!! And I am sooo jealous!!!! :) I'm only 32 weeks and just now starting to feel the very uncomfortableness of it all. In a way I'm not ready at all, but in a way he could not get here any sooner!!!
Anyway, congrats on your horsey baby, so precious, and I can't wait to meet him or her!!!!

February 5, 2008 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I can't wait to hear what you have! I'm 36 weeks now & can't believe that I still have a few more weeks of the baby growing...I feel like a beached whale at times! My sister is hoping the she comes Feb 28th b/c she thinks 2-28-08 would be a cool b-day (and easy to remember).

February 5, 2008 at 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rory might need more details...

February 5, 2008 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

Can't wait!!!! YEA!!!!!! :)

February 5, 2008 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Baby O'Quinn is looking very cute! Rory is too funny!

February 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I think it's a boy! Can't wait to hear the news and see pictures. :)

February 5, 2008 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Awww...so cute. I am so excited to know what this little sweet blessing is!! I think every day I change my mind. Today I am feeling BLUE!! I'll let you know when your in labor what I'm feeling that day. LOL. HOpe you have a good day!

February 6, 2008 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Well, at least we know he or she will be a CUTE little horsey! :)

February 6, 2008 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Thanks for your comment! It's always good to hear other people's perspective, especially when it comes to something I haven't experienced myself.

February 9, 2008 at 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Rory I don't see a horsey - I think I DO see a little "butter bean" though!! Definitely a boy!!!

Warning: Don't take this too seriously - I thought Lily, Maggie, Carson, Chloe, and Campbell were all boys - so what do I know!!!!!

February 10, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home