#

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bullfrogs and Butterflies













Did anyone else grow up on these albums? I used to love to sit by our record player (yes, you heard me correctly) and listen to Bullfrogs & Butterflies and Music Machine and sing at the top of my lungs.

I'm so thankful for these albums. They really have stuck with me all of these years and at weird times I will recall their fundamental messages and simple tunes. I was even inclined to look them up online to order them for my kids.

One of my favorite songs is a song called "Have Patience". It goes:

Have Patience
Have Patience
Don’t be in such a hurry.

When you get
Impatient
you only start to worry.

Remember
Remember
that God is patient, too,
and think of all the times when others have to wait on you.


We've been singing this a lot to our kids lately. Maggie sings it to Rory when he starts to whine about stuff. Simple reminders that stick with them are so invaluable!!!
...but I can't find it on any of the B&B albums so now I'm wondering where I learned it. Anyone have any idea how I could get a copy of this song?
Thanks, Teri for finding it on the Music Machine Vol 1 album for me.


What is your favorite song?

9 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Oh my lands, I haven't thought about "Bullfrogs & Butterflies" since I was in grade school! What great songs!! I'm going to look for a copy for Kate! Thanks for the walk down memory lane....

February 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Okay, thank goodness for Ebay! I am bidding on the CD's, if I win they are all yours!

February 2, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh we have them! I listened to them all the time growing up. My kids love them now too. Mardels has them.

February 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

We listened to them all the time!!!! Here are mine and Conn's....
"Bullfrogs and butterflies, we've both been born again..."
"Practice makes perfect, practice makes perfect, I guess if I practice, then perfect I'll be..."
"Good morning, good morning, good morning, it's time to rise and shine..."
Was Have Patience off of one of the Psalty (sp?) albums??? We'll keep looking. :)

February 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey little momma......looks like AgapeLand Music Machine did that album way back in the olden days, not that i would know anything about olden days!...... it's on cd!.....check out this link..... can't wait for baby!

http://www.agapelandmusic.com/catalog/item/686755/306434.htm

February 3, 2008 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger laura said...

Oh my gosh, the song "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" has been in my head the past two days, NO JOKE! And it was definitely my favorite one on the tape. :)

February 3, 2008 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger JB said...

"There was a snail named Herbert, who was so very slow...."

Girl, I LOVE THESE SONGS! I too played them over and over on my brown Fisher Price record player. You know the one!! I must go right over to ebay and try to find them. I sing SK the 'Patience' song all the time!!!

February 3, 2008 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Some how I missed out on those records growing up, but Seth sang the "Be Patient" song growing up & now we sing it to each other when needed!

February 4, 2008 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to comment again and say that I, too, confess to listening to those records over and over as a young kid. I haven't seen the album covers in years! I'm glad someone else out there still appreciates those songs!

February 5, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home