#

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Welcome, Corrie, to Blogland



This is my dear friend, Corrie (or Corrs as I like to call her). She and I met my freshman year at Belmont and I instantly loved her. We were roommates my junior year and she was such a supportive friend to me during my engagement, wedding, first miscarriage and pregnancy. She is such a precious soul who makes it seem like no time has passed since we last saw each other the instant I'm in her presence. She has a Southern charm and elegance about her that I have always admired.

She also graciously allowed us all to adopt her mom & dad as our away-from-home parents while we were in college. I'll always cherish her mom having us to the house for dinner quite often. Their home was warm and welcoming and such a comfort in contrast to my drafty dorm room and cafeteria food. I feel like I always walked away from their house with a recipe card of whatever we had eaten that night. Thanks, Mrs. B, for helping me fill up my recipe box early in my marriage! I still think of you whenever I make Chicken Poppyseed or Tea Punch :o) She would always send us away with a party favor that she referred to as a little "happy". She still sends one for all of us whenever we get together.

I look forward every year to getting together with my 4 college friends. We have made meeting annually a priority and enjoy getting to spend time together and catching up.

Dallas 2004 , Galveston 2005 , Chicago 2007
also pictured: Lisa (our resident red-head), Jess (the fertile blonde!), Sara (our tall, skinny dancer)

Corrie lives in Nashville with her precious family. Joe, who is the prince charming we all prayed for in Corrie's life and sweet baby Macie, who is new to the Blair Family and I'm dying to see in person and squeeze on.

Check out her blog and let's keep her accountable to updating it often.

***I haven't forgotten, dear Corrs, that you said I probably would never update my blog :o) I do and can't wait to see your updates too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

awwww Carls...you're so sweet! However, I can't forgive you for posting a pic of me 8 months prego:). Love you tons and miss you.

March 14, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home