#

Friday, March 7, 2008

Why...why...why?


Just as we embarked on this journey of having 3 kids, Rory crossed over into his "why?" phase. It makes me SO frazzled and SO tickled all at the same time. He also likes to throw in the not-so-occasional "what kind?". Here are some of my favorites...


Me: Rory, let's get in the car.
Rory: Why?
Me: We're going to Wal Mart.
Rory: What kind of Wal Mart?
Me: the grocery store
Rory: Why?
Me: Because we need groceries.
Rory: Why?
Me: So we won't get hungry.
Rory: Why?
Me: ...sigh


After running errands with Casey, they get in the car and have this conversation...

Rory: Daddy, where's our milkshake?
Casey: We don't have a milkshake, Buddy.
Rory: Why?
Casey: We haven't been anywhere that sells milkshakes today.
Rory: Why?
Casey: I don't know, we just haven't.
Rory: Why?
Casey: ...sigh


I know that this is the way that he will learn but it's exhausting! He's even made me pull out the dreaded, "because I said so" a time or two.

I love you, Little Buddy!

Why?

Just because you're you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rory already knows why !

He's just checking to see if you know why.

GrandPa

March 7, 2008 at 5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite -
Rory: Who are you talking to?
Carly: Aunt Robin.
Rory: What kind of Aunt Robin?
Carly: Uh...

March 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home