#

Monday, April 7, 2008

Bless Her Heart

Isn't that just the quint essential Southern female expression?...

Bless your heart!

What does that even mean?

It's all I can think to say in regards to my friend, Bethany. It's not out of pity but out of sympathy for what she's going through. At the time of this post, she is entering into her 42nd week of pregnancy. She is going for an appointment this morning to make sure all is well with her baby, Charlie. I guess he's just really comfortable where he is and perhaps a little shy about making his appearance to all of his friends and family anxiously awaiting his arrival.

Bethany is such a rock star about the whole thing. I know for a fact that if I were in her shoes, I'd be complaining up a storm about how miserable I was. I know this because Sully came a week early and I was already complaining! Bless her heart that random strangers continue to ask her, "Wow! When are you due?", "You're about to pop!", and "Why hasn't you doctor induced you yet?". She knows that Charlie hasn't come because it isn't time yet.

Bethany is waiting and resting in God's perfect timing. God knows what's best for us and if there's ever a time where He is able to show us that, it's through the birth of babies. Why, then, do we try and control every detail? Patience is a virtue...one I have to ask God for constantly.

Bethany, what a lovely example you are of trusting that God will work all things together for the good! I can't wait to meet Charlie in the next couple of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Thank you for such a sweet post!!! We have our answers now, and I am so excited! Resting in the knowledge that even the doctor believes we just cannot wait any longer and have to get this boy out! :)

April 7, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Bless her heart is right!!! YEAH for Charlie making his arrival this week!

April 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Teri Dufilho said...

carly, you're such a sweet aunt and charlie is blessed to have you in his life.....i know charlie's first words to you will be "can sully come play?".... and yes, bethany, bless your sweet heart today!!

April 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home