#

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Former Selves

I got such a kick out of this weeks episode of How I Met Your Mother. Did anyone see it? There was a scene where the characters were commenting on how when you get around people from your past, you immediately turn in to your former self. I was laughing so hard because I know that I have witnessed this a time or two in myself and others.

For those who went to their high school reunion and were nervous around the guy they used to have a crush on (even if he's fat and balding) or made to feel small around that group of girls that used to torture you!

I can remember as a child going to visit my Dad's family in Georgia. My Dad has a fairly neutral accent. There are certain words that place him as a Southerner but for the most part, he has moved passed the Georgia drawl and avoided the Texas twang. One day into our vacation however, and he is right there with his siblings with an almost indecipherable, thick, Southern accent. It would drop off on the plane back home, though.

I must admit that I am guilty of regressing to my college self when I'm around my roommates. We meet once a year and try to talk as often as we can. Inevitably, the second we are in each other's presence or hear each other's voice, we go into "ghetto mode".

"GIRL!!!!!"
I love those girls and can't wait to get ghetto with you in July! :o)

Do you have a group of people who turn you into your former self?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

LOVE "How I Met Your Mother"! I too was laughing at this past week's episode. I haven't had my reunion yet, but I'm sure all of those high school feelings will come up without me intending them to.

April 27, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

How true is that??!! I get around my old high school buddies or college friends and my friends around here probably wouldn't recognize me! I'm going to my 10 yr. reunion this summer, can't believe it's already here!!
Hope you're feeling better soon, we missed you at Maggie's party tonight! Casey was so good with the kiddos, it's great seeing the dads do it all on their own!

April 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Guuurl...you know I can't wait to see you either. I love the way it feels when we're all together, it's just like we never grew up:). Love you lots!

April 27, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home