#

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Rory


It was 3 years ago at this very hour that I first laid eyes on your precious face! I was over the moon with how much I loved you the second I saw you. You made our family feel so big. You fulfilled Daddy's wish to have a hunting and fishing buddy. You made Maggie so proud to be a big sister and you gave me the privilege of knowing what it meant to love a little man who wasn't my daddy or husband, more than I ever knew I could.

Your first year was such a breeze. The transition to two kids was so easy...because of you. You were (and still are) so laid back and go-with-the-flow! You only cried when you needed something and even then, it was a little, sweet, soft cry. Like, "If you don't mind...could you please feed me...change me...hold me". You love to snuggle and smile all the time...especially when you know I'm frustrated with you. You smile and melt my heart. You little stinker!
You are the most loving, snuggly little boy! You cuddle with me for hours and like to pass out hugs and kisses in spades. You are a morning person...early morning. You get this from me, for sure. Ready for breakfast as soon as you head leaves the pillow and ready to start the day at the first sign of sunrise. I look forward to taking you on Saturday morning breakfast dates when you're older. We;ll be home and full before anyone else wakes up.
You have the most precious head of blonde curls. Of course my little boy would get those and not my little girl! Your eyes brighten up my day when you are happy and break my heart when you are sad.I love you, precious one.
Happy Birthday, Buddy

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Rory! What do you want for your birthday? Sorry it's gonna be late, your mom didn't get my text. You look so grown up with your new hair cut! Love you! Aunt Mandy amandabrewer33@hotmail.com

April 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Rory! We love you!

April 29, 2008 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rory!!
Aunt Ginny & Unlce Matt love you!
We hope to come see you very soon. And tell your little brother we just can't wait to meet him, too!
xoxo

April 29, 2008 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Rory,

I can't believe you're already 3...I remember snuggling w/ you when you were only a few weeks old. Happy Birthday!

April 29, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday-Rory, what a Special little Man you are!

Thanks for bringing so much joy to our lives.

We Love You
Mimi - Grandpa

April 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

Happy Birthday, Rory!!! Hope you had the best birthday EVER!! We love you! :)

April 29, 2008 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Happy Birthday sweet Rory, I can't believe you're three!!!

April 29, 2008 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Teri Dufilho said...

Happy Birthday Rory! I like your haircut! And you did a good job blowing out those candles......what a big boy!! I love you!..... LukeEllieCharlie's Nana :)

April 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Happy Belated birthday Rory. I love his big smile in the video. He is precious!!

May 2, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home