#

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Christians have a sense of humor too

The time-consuming downfall of blogs is that one leads to another and so forth...

I came across this blog via a friend's blog and I sat and read it for way too long because it was so entertaining to me!

I have entered a new phase of my spiritual life. It's almost like studying something in school and then trying to go and teach it to someone who has no idea what you're talking about and tons of questions about it. I want my children to know everything about God and how to have a personal relationship with Jesus. I have had to go back to the fundamentals of Christianity and to try and answer all of the "why" questions my children throw at me. Things that I have just always taken at face value...they want more information about it. The most important thing is to show them that God is loving, forgiving and fun; not some ultimate disciplinarian who doesn't want us to enjoy ourselves.

Stuff Christians Like

Here's an example post:

#10. Weird Memorabilia

The other day I got a catalog from a Christian book store chain promoting their new Easter products. One of the items you could buy was a "crown of thorns." For a mere $49.95 you could own a crown for your desk? Your mantle? Where do you properly store/display a crown of thorns? Do you think the Roman soldiers that made it at the time said to each other, "You know, some day this is going to make a really sweet paper weight." But what can I say, when it comes to Easter and Christmas but shut your mouth not Halloween, we love us some weird memorabilia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I've been enjoying that blog as well. It's really funny, especially since they almost all hit home in some way!

May 6, 2008 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Very funny! I'm going to have to start making this a daily reading.

May 6, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home