#

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Off to Lubbock


It's our first official trip of the summer (minus Casey). My mom and the kids and I are loading up the 'ol mini to make an eight hour trek across Texas. Isn't it remarkable that you could cover about 10 states if you drove eight hours in the Northeast but in Texas, you can drive all day and never cross state borders!?

It's totally worth it, though, to go and see my sister and her family. I love her so much. We were total opposites growing-up but have found such common ground in our adult years and I truly consider her my best friend. She typically drives to us so it's about time that we come to her.

Packing has been challenging for a 4 month old, 3 yr old, 5 yr old and rehabilitating mommy.

Bumbo?...check.
BooBoo?...check.
Barbies?...check.

Plus there's the added CIA-looking case that my robot arm gets transported in and a new toy for my finger....a bone stimulator. It's the latest gadget I have to use daily to try and get Mr. Pointer back up and running.

Robin is always a wonderful host when we come and I suppose it's because we come so sparingly, but she kicks her 'spiritual gift' as a social director into high gear. On the agenda is:

  • A T-Ball game
  • A pottery painting session
  • A day of kids' camp
  • A canyon hike
  • A play
  • A drive-in movie
  • A parade
  • A fireworks display...
Whew! I'm tired already but I'm sure that I'll have some fun posts out of our adventures so stay tuned. I'm also thrilled that my BIL, Matt, has volunteered to take my stitches out. Don't worry, he's more than qualified. The doctor said that they could come out as soon as Tue and when I told him that I'd be out of town, he asked if I knew anyone who could take them out. I'm going to pop some Vicotin and let him go to town and when they come out, I can finally get my hand wet. Hooray!

It's going to be an early start for us so I'm off to bed...West Texas, here we come!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Hope you have a good trip. We are making a ten hour trip in a few weeks. I'm anxious to hear how the car ride goes. Hope you guys have a blast with your sister!!

June 30, 2008 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

We missed you and the kids at the lake. Glad Casey came though! We will have to do it again. Have fun in West Texas.

June 30, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

Have a wonderful time! We'll miss you at The Quest! Hope the drive was good!! :)

June 30, 2008 at 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope ya'll have fun , if time permits maybe you'ed like to visit this...

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=492

June 30, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home