#

Monday, June 2, 2008

Surgery

Thank you so much to all of you who have been thinking and praying for me. I have a peace beyond understanding about this whole crazy mess and I know that your prayers play a huge role in that.

The update regarding my surgery is...
The doctor couldn't squeeze my surgery in today so I'm on the books for 9 am tomorrow morning. Another day of Vicodin and ice packs. He will put me under and perform a 2-3 hour procedure to reattach everything and screw two plates on either side of the bone. There are, apparently, a lot of vessels, tendons, nerves, etc. that he has to be precise with in order to allow me the chance at future full range of motion (which I greatly appreciate). I am pleased that he is taking this route as opposed to a pin that would require my finger be immobile to heal. Do you know how difficult it is to change a diaper or put your hair in a pony tail without using your index finger?

I must go back and reiterate how blessed this whole ordeal has made me feel.
  • Blessed that the injury was not as severe as it could have been. (I was preparing myself on the way to the ER that I may loose my finger, not to mention that had the wave runner pulled the rope any tighter...ugh, you know)
  • Blessed that it was a finger and not something fatal like the man in the curtain next to me at the hospital
  • Blessed to have both sets of parents right here, ready to take over with the kids so I didn't have to worry about how I was going to take care of them.
  • Blessed to have such a wonderful husband who hasn't left my side since this happened
  • Blessed that he works for himself so he didn't have to take personal days off
  • Blessed to have good insurance to take care of an accident such as this
I could go on and on, but I am praising God right now for His goodness through this mess. Please continue to pray for me tomorrow and I'll update soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

We'll be praying for you tomorrow!

June 2, 2008 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger JB said...

Carly, I will be praying for your surgery and recovery. Good Luck!

June 2, 2008 at 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you to join my no shuffling club in Pokeeno. We'll be praying for you tomorrow.
Stacy

June 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Teri Dufilho said...

carly, yes you will be in my prayers and on my mind tomorrow!!......and yes, you are blessed beyond measure in so many ways....God bless you Carly girl !.....waiting to hear good news tomorrow when it's all over!.....love you

June 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Carly,

I will be praying for you tomorrow. I am so sorry! Let me know if I can help you while you are recovering.

Love you,

Janet

June 2, 2008 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Wow Carly...hope your surgery goes well this morning. Your still in our prayers.

June 3, 2008 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I have been wanting to call but dont want to bother you...this blogging lets me know. Will pray for a fast recovery.

June 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

been praying for you today!!!!!

June 3, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home