#

Monday, June 9, 2008

Update

Several people have been requesting updates on my finger. So here's the latest.

What I didn't share with you regarding the surgery was that when I woke up from an operation for my FINGER, I looked down and saw this...
Why?, I asked myself, would a finger wound merit a total arm bandage? When the doctor came back to talk to Casey about how the surgery went, he explained that one of the machines they had been using early on in the procedure had malfunctioned and the wires shorted-out leaving these on my arm...
Yep...those are third degree burns.

I'm not looking for pity but rather a cyber "Seriously!?" As if I didn't have enough to deal with, did I really need third degree burns added to it? Then the next morning (which always happens to me under intense stress) I got a doosie of a cold sore.

Go ahead, I'm down, kick me some more :o)

I'm quite a pathetic piece of work.

Here is a fabulous shot of my rehabilitation. It's called a CPM (controlled positive movement) machine to help me regain range of motion in my fingers. I have to wear it 6 hours a day for a month in the hopes that by the end of that month, I'll be able to make a fist. My nephew thinks it makes me look like a cool robot and Casey calls it my Transformer arm.

6 Comments:

Blogger Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Carls...oh my gosh! I can't believe all the drama...do I need to come down there and snuggle Sully?

June 9, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

OH CARLY!! What a mess. Who new water skiing to lead to this.

June 9, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I can't believe they burned you. :-O What is up with that??
So, I couldn't help but start singing the "Mr. Roboto" song when i saw the contraption on your hand. ;-) The boys are all going to think your so cool- I think your nephew got it right with transformers. :0) Hang in there momma!

June 9, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

p.s. did you move out of your house?? Did yours sell? I noticed it didn't look like your house in the pics.

June 9, 2008 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

Oh Carly!!!!!! What are we going to do with you? :) I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. Especially right at the beginning of summer. No fun!!! As for the cold sore, I HEAR ya girl. Those flat out suck-rocks!!!! Right, Kathryn? Hope to see you soon.

June 9, 2008 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. What a horrible mess. Will you ever water ski again?

June 9, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home