#

Monday, August 25, 2008

I knew it would come...

...as much as I have tried to fight it, Maggie had to grow up and go off to kindergarten. She has been a bit apprehensive all summer at the thought of a new experience at a new school with new friends. I knew that she was ready though.

Last night, she picked out her outfit and set it out. We said prayers that God would be in her day. That He would give her courage, wisdom, help her remember her manners but above all...have fun! She went to bed with a nervous smile on her face.

This morning, Casey and I woke up to Maggie whispering ..."Mom. Dad."

I rolled over and saw her standing in our bedroom fully-dressed, shoes, hair brushed, and backpack over one shoulder.

"Kindergarten!" she said

We had about an hour and a half until it was time to leave but...she was ready. In every possible way. She was ready.

I was surprisingly overcome with pride over sadness. We took some pictures, I kissed her and told her to be polite and have fun and she was on her way. My little baby. It went by too fast.





Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maggie, congratulations on your first day of big school...we know this will be a fun year.

Love

Mimi - GrandPa

August 25, 2008 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I would have been crying like a big baby. I'm so glad you both did so well! And by the way, I've never heard that song on the other post. Where was I way back then?

August 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

Way to Maggie! We are so proud of you! Hope it is a fantastic year!

Oh, and Conn and I LOVE that song in the music post! I think I am going to love "Music Monday".

Oh (one more time), Conn said he loved Casey's appearance on the blog! :)

August 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Noooo.....it makes me cry so I can only imagine how you did the first day. She looks like such a big girl. I must say I got a good chuckle out of her waking you guys up and her being all ready- what a big girl. She was definitely ready. hope you guys are enjoying Montgomery. Maggie goes to school with my neice. :0)

August 26, 2008 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Aww, sweet Maggie! How adorable... she looks like she's having fun.

August 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

That is such a sweet picture of her walking in front of you.

August 26, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home