#

Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Little Napper

I spent (literally) years trying to convince Maggie that she needed to take a nap. I can remember days of repeatedly putting her back in bed. Threats, bribes, spankings, long back-scratching sessions, stall tactics (i.e. "I need a sip of water first" or "just one more book, Mommy?" or "I need to go potty" ...for the 5th time). When she turned 5, I gave up and she hasn't napped since.

Then, there's Rory.

He asks to take a nap. He doesn't want any pomp when it comes to his nap. Simply take him to his bed and leave him alone. He actually will tell us..."Mom, can you leave and shut the door on your way out so I can get some rest?" It doesn't matter where we are, when it's naptime, he's going to take it.

Here he is at Incredible Pizza. Neon flashing lights all around him. Buzzing, shouting, sirens, whistles and loud music. Sitting up at the table. BAM...naptime.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

HA! Just like his Mama - he can sleep anywhere!

August 10, 2008 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

I was abut to say the same thing Lindsay said, but also add Conn's name to the list. :)

August 10, 2008 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

How funny! What a sweetheart :)

August 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Unbelievable, My kids would NEVER do that. Maybe my 3rd one will do it. Rory is so sweet.

August 10, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That makes me laugh.

August 10, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Awww...sweet lil' guy. We were just there last Thursday. You are so lucky to have a great napper. Gav is a napper- ellie not as much. I hope Had's takes after G. Rory is a sweetheart.

August 11, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home