#

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life After Ike

Well...we're still here!

It's been 5 days since Ike came through.

5 days without lights, AC, refrigerators, stoves, tv, radio, cell phones (cell towers have been down), computers, etc.

We have litteraly been in the dark since Saturday and it's been frustrating.

"Mom, can I have some cereal for breakfast?" Uh...no milk
"Mom, can we watch cartoons?" Uh...no power or cable
"Mom, I can't see to go to the bathroom"
"Mom, I'm hot"
"Mom, I'm afraid of the dark"

Kids don't get "NO ELECTRICITY"

We've had some good family time, though. Lots and lots and lots of games.

I'll post some pictures soon. Hopefully you and your family (if you were in Ike's path) are doing okay and your power is back on. Tons of trees fell in our neighborhood. Several through people's homes. We feel truly blessed being that we have wooded lots on either side of our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home