#

Monday, November 3, 2008

Music Monday

When I arrived at Belmont as a freshman, I had a very small library of musical favorites with me, mostly consisting of 80's and 90's music. It was during my time there that I learned to love so many styles and genres of music. From jazz to the Beatles, there is very little music that I don't at least appreciate for it's musical roots.

This lady is probably my all time favorite, though. After listening to and studying her natural ability to use her voice like a musical instrument and to do it completely effortlessly, I couldn't get enough of her. I sing her stuff to my kids and they will request "Ella music" in the car.

There is something about this time of year, when it's beginning to get cool outside, that I love to light a pumpkin spice candle, drink some coffee and listen to her music. You can't help but feel cozy and relaxed.


Ella Fitzgerald "Misty" 1965

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home