#

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hiatus

Where have I been?

The best answer that I can come up with is...everywhere, but here.

Blogging was having a time-suckage effect on me and as anyone who blogs or even reads blogs knows, they can be addicting. So I was forced to "unplug" when my computer bit the dust for a week, reluctant to "unplug" when it would resurrect for an hour here and there, glad to "unplug" over the Thanksgiving holiday and now am recharged and ready to plug back in after some much-needed BLOG R&R.

Isn't it funny how people you don't speak to on a regular basis want to get in touch with you if you don't post in a while? I got several "Are you ok?" emails. What a strange society we live in that this is how we keep up with each other's lives. I'm totally guilty of it too. I'll see a person I've never met in the mall, yet know all about how her kid's piano recital went last weekend. Or start to tell a story and stop short saying, "Just go to my blog because I go into details and there are pictures and music to go with it!" I embrace this medium, just don't want it to control me, you know?

So anyway...hello, again.

On my hiatus, Casey and I got a little creative and my next post will be a "back with a vengeance" blog overhaul with more goodies to look at and some pretty spectacular web work by my hubby, if I do say so myself. Check back soon and I promise you won't have to see that Beatles video anymore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carly, I am glad you are back. I missed you. I know we don't keep in touch personally, but I love your blog and it has become part of my daily routine. I check my email and then check about 10 different blogs every morning. Just know that even though we don't talk, I love keeping up with you on a "daily" basis. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I am glad you are back!!

Trin

December 11, 2008 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO know what you mean! I've slowed way down on blogging myself.

Your new blog wins the award for coolest blog EVER! Love it!

Merry Christmas!

December 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home