#

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sweet Child of Mine

If you tell me that my middle boy is sweet, I won't argue with you. He is so well mannered and not in a hurry to go anywhere. He is good to the core and I don't know how to prepare him for a world that will surely eat him alive.


The other day after a long grocery shopping experience, little Sully had had it and was ready for his morning nap. Rory asked me if I would like some help carrying the groceries in.

"Sure!", I said. I proceeded to hand him a fairly light bag.

"Too heavy." he said with a sweet smile

So I handed him the bread and we headed inside. I took Sully upstairs to change him and put him to bed and when I returned about 5 minutes later, I noticed little Rory working so hard and the pantry looked like this...

Mind you, the pantry was 70% empty which is why I went to the grocery store in the first place. He had shoved the contents of those bags in whatever nook or cranny he could find. You may notice the butter and frozen waffles but what you don't see is the bag of frozen chicken and baby wipes that also found a home in our pantry (that's not typically where I keep those items ;o)

What a precious gesture it was. What a great helper!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet baby boy.

Love him, but I don't want to eat any chicken at your house.

January 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger NurseKaty said...

What a precious family you have! You are the luckiest...

January 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad you shared that story with us :o)

January 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One in a million...that Rory Boy

January 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home