#

Friday, May 8, 2009

30 Day Shred, baby!

After having 3 babies...my body just isn't the same. I went from size 4 to size 10. It is quite discouraging to have pants that used to be loose and baggy, now be too snug to button up.

I was driving in the car the other day when my friend, Lindsay asked if I'd heard about Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred". She said that she had just bought it and was going to try it. I literally drove straight to Target to buy one for myself. I turned around and called my sister to tell her about it and she also got one. We started over a week ago and I'm terribly impressed. The first 3 days were awful! I was SO sore that it hurt to get out of bed. I'm someone who lacks the discipline to motivate myself to work-out. I just plain 'ol don't like it. And even if a work-out wave hits me, I find a reason not to do it one day and then I never go back to it. It has been really great to do this from home but to know that I have 2 people who are going to check in with me and keep me accountable (right, Lindz?).

You do it everyday for 30 days and the best part is that it's 20 minutes! I figured that if I couldn't fit a twenty minute workout from the comfort of my living room in everyday, then I wasn't serious about getting in shape. I'm choosing to rave about it because I'm already seeing results and I'm only on day 9. Now, granted, it's HARD work but bathing suit season is looming over me! The weather is getting hotter and the need for less sleeves and shorter pants is here.

If you're looking for a way to fit exercise into your busy life, give this DVD a try. You'll need hand weights to go along with it. Don't be a hero, though...go for 2 or 3 pounders!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

No way, I JUST ordered this on Amazon this morning! I've heard good things about it and was needing something to do on days I just don't feel like going to the gym- and it is already too hot to go outside. Glad to know its so good! And only 20 minutes, I didn't know that!!! Can't wait to get it.

May 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Hmmmmm....your facebook updates have had me interested and now this is really making me think...hmmm....maybe I will give it a try???

May 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Ashley McWhorter said...

I'm on it!! I'll let you know how it goes!!

May 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Our Life Together said...

I am considering, but I have never been a workout girl, but totally need to be. Is it for beginners or would I be a failure?

May 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Carly O'Quinn said...

Nichole!!! Of course you can handle it. Every exercise has a modification. So you can do it all out or take it easy depending on what you can handle. ALWAYS FOLLOW ANITA! :o)

May 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Okay, I bought it today at Target. I believe in you, Carly! Could you just somehow motivate me every day from long-distance to get it done?! :)

May 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home