#

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Singing in the Rain

I realized that I have talked about but not posted any pictures of my sweet, darling, angel, diva, princess Maggie. She is so much like me it's not even funny! My mom says it's payback. She is very opinionated and has a fantastic memory. Don't say something in her presence if you don't want her to file it away and bring it back up later. It's a dark and dreary morning at my house and I was thinking about the fact that Maggs has totally grabbed on to a past generation of entertainers and music. The aforementioned Elvis fascination, she loves any song sung by Ella Fitzgerald, a recent interest in Shirley Temple, Judy Garland and old movies in general. Casey was working late the other night and without any kid-appropriate television to watch as we snuggled in my bed, I turned it to the AMC channel. She was enthralled with Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds in Singing in the Rain. She watched the whole movie and then asked if we could rewind it and watch it again. "Why is that man out in the rain without his umbrella?" she asked me. "Because he's so in love with that lady, he doesn't mind getting wet". I wasn't quite sure how to explain that to her. I love her questions and pray for wisdom as I answer some of them. Anyhow, here is Maggie's version of Singing in the Rain from July's never ending down pour that we had.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home